Saturday, March 26, 2005

 

Economic Solution to Terri Schiavo?

Sometimes we focus to much on finding a perfect theoretical solution to our problems and ignore practicallity. Some questions simply can't be answered to everyone's satisfaction and it may be better to accept a good solution rather than pursue definitive answer. Some very good points were made on Kudlow and Co. about Terri Schiavo.

I think we need to defer to the courts in establishing whether Terri wishes to die over living in her condition. However, if it can't be established what her wishes are, I think that so long as the burden of keeping her alive doesn't fall on unwilling parties, I don't see any problem with any party that wishes to keep her alive doing so. I suppose now that the problem is whether parties are obscuring the situation to keep her alive against her will.

Personally, I don't know what I would want and don't really care. I'm perfectly fine with leaving that decision to others should I end up incapacitated. I feel that I can't know what I would want and I am fine leaving things up to chance should the unthinkable happen.

UPDATE: dogfaceboy has a good post on Schiavo.

Comments:
But see, it's OK to be less informed. You didn't profess to have the answers. And therein lies my complaint with the general public.

Good points in your post. Thanks for reading and sharing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?